We will make your Roman Blind with components that have been tested together as a system to comply with the
Requirements of Child safety Regulations EN13120:2009+A1:2014
To ensure the continued safety of the Blind please be familiar with the following installation and safety instructions.
1. To avoid creating a possible choking hazard for children,the blind must be installed in such a way that a loose cord or chain cannot form a loop.
2. the blind must be installed using brackets supplied, so that the track is tightly secured to the surface on which it is to be mounted. brackets can be face or top fixed.
3. the rear cord safety devices have been designed to 'breakaway' under pressure. the position of the rear safety cord breakaway devices may be slightly adjusted to allow for horizontal alignment of the blind rods. However they must not be modified from operating in the way in which they were designed. They must not be removed, or the cords knotted or tied in any way that could create a hazardous loop, or remove the ability to break away.
4. the chain tensioning safety device must be installed on the rotary operating chain at the maximum distance possible from the control mechanism.This will prevent the chain from becoming slack and creating a hazardous loop.
5. The chain tensioning safety device must fitted AT LEAST 150cm from the floor.
GENERAL WARNING - Your blind is supplied with the following general warning.
Young children may be stangled by loops in pull cords, chains ,tapes and inner cords that operate the product. to avoid strangulation and entanglement, keep cords out of reach of young children. Cords may become wrapped around a child's neck. Move beds, cots and furniture away from window covering cords. Do not tie cords together. Make sure cords do not twist and create a loop.
SAFETY DEVICE WARNING - Your blind is supplied with the following warning
Children can strangle if this safety device is not installed. Always use this device to keep cords or chains out of reach of children.
Where the customer has supplied the fabric, the invoice must be paid for in full with the order.
No responsibility will be accepted for faults in fabrics supplied by the customer. Please check first.
No refunds can be given on fabric ordered through Summerhouse Art, once an order has been placed with our suppliers.
Any changes to original designs or specifications that incur extra costs will be added to the final invoice and must be paid for on completion.
1. A minimum % down payment is required on all orders, and must cover cost of any unreturnable items, such as Fabric and Bespoke Tracks and Poles. Cash, Cheque or Bank Transfers are accepted for down payment. On completion the full balance is to be paid in Cash Only on fitting or delivery day.
2. Full payment 100% balance can be made by Cash, Cheque or Bank Transfer.
By paying the down payment or full balance you are entering into a contract with Summerhouse Art and agree to the following terms. All goods remain the property of Summerhouse Art until full payment is made. Bespoke items may not be returned unless faulty or differ from the order description. Your consumer rights are not affected. Legal action will be taken on non-payment of invoice.
No responsibility will be accepted for incorrect alterations or made-to-measure goods where the customer has supplied the measurements. Future alterations will be charged again.
Fitting by a professional is highly recommended as it is a skilled job. Any fitting problems arising from unqualified fitting will only be rectified by the fitter Summerhouse Art recommends after a quote for the charges is offered to the customer which must be paid direct to the fitter.
Summerhouse Art only recommend and use a professional curtain fitter. Work must be checked before he leaves. A separate payment for fitting should be made direct to the fitter.
All fitting is based on walls of good construction and no responsibility can be accepted for cracks in plaster and damage caused in the fitting process. It may be necessary to make pilot holes in the process of fitting in order to get a good fixing. Where possible he will fill / mend holes made in the process of fitting. Please ensure area around window is cleared and window is accessible.
POLES TRACKS AND BLINDS
Poles, tracks and blinds (venetian, roller, vertical and roman blind tracks) supplied by Summerhouse Art are guaranteed for 12 months, subject to normal usage.
CORD SAFETY – EN13120
Roller Blinds, Venetian Blinds, Roman Blinds and some Poles and Tracks are supplied with looped chains / cords. These are not toys and children should not be permitted to operate blind /curtain cords. No responsibility will be accepted by Summerhouse Art for accidents resulting from blind /curtain cord misuse. All blinds with looped cords will be supplied with safety devices to house the cords. By law, the safety device MUST be fitted. Our recommended Fitter will request a signature of confirmation that the device has been fitted to every item needing one. For customers who are not using our fitting services, a safety device will always be included with the Blind/Track or Pole. This MUST be fitted correctly. Again we will request a signature from each customer confirming they are aware of the necessity to fit a safety device to every item purchased which has a looped cord/chain.
All external services that are brought in by Summerhouse Art are covered under their own individual liabilities insurance. No responsibility will be accepted by Summerhouse Art for these services.
In the unlikely event of having a complaint, it must be put in writing within 7 days of Invoice Date - collection, delivery or fitting (fitting by our recommended fitter).
Summerhouse Art, Manor Ave, Sale, M33 5JS